The Survivor is the playable protagonist and main character of Fallout DUST. As with all previous Fallout games, the Survivor's gender and appearance are determined by the player.
Fallout: New Vegas Edit
Nothing is known about the Survivor's life during the events of Fallout: New Vegas, but a few things can be inferred from the mod:
- The Survivor must have history with RobCo technology, due to the fact that they start with a Pip Boy.
- The Survivor has some fascination (Or perhaps obsession) with the Paladin Toaster, as they kill their traveling partner for it in Blackrock Cavern.
- Although beef doesn't exist in the Mojave Hellscape, they must have a knowledge of it when they indulge in cannibalism, as they "Pretend it's Beef."
- The Survivor has a general knowledge of aviation, as they know how to repair a plane to escape, and can trigger the auto pilot on a Vertibird.
- The Survivor can effectively make explosives, as seen in the Legion Safehouse beginning.
In DUST Edit
The Survivor wakes up in a grimy shack, cave, house, armory or warehouse surrounded by bodies and blood. Their story is their own.
From then on, the Survivor's sole objective is to escape the Mojave Wasteland by any means necessary.